Monday, November 16, 2009

My funny P Man

Yesterday the boys and I had a mini vacation! We drove to Aransas Pass to the aquatic center (yup, we swim in the 85 degree weather in November in South Texas), then headed to the Boiling Pot in Rockport for lunch. Yum, by the way.

From Rockport, we decided to drive to the Aransas County Wildlife Refuge. None of us had ever been and the Whooping Cranes are here this time of year. The only wild Whooping Population in North America comes to this park every winter. There are only like 242 of them living in the wild. Anyway, we were driving through the park and Creyton (my 13 year old), asks if he can drive. We were in a secluded park, NO other traffic with a speed limit of 25. I'm thinking it's a PERFECT driver's education scenario!




As he was driving safely along we were spotting snakes, alligators, birds and deer. All the deer got me humming "Doe a Deer" from "Sound of Music". Creyton hasn't seen it, but Philip saw it alot at Beacon House. So P and I are teaching Creyton the lyrics.

Philip randomly says, "I just don't understand how they got out in that meadow on those hills. I don't think the second one has come out yet." To which I replied, "Son, that movie is like 40 years old. I don't think there will be a second one." "Hmmm" he said. "Guess we won't find out."

Hilarious!

1 Comments:

At November 18, 2009 at 7:16 PM , Anonymous meg said...

That's funny!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home