Sunday, November 8, 2009

Post Op.

I don't remember anything about the recovery room except moving the O2 prongs from my nose to my forehead. They were bothering me. I also remember Dr. G telling me my liver looked awesome and that I had done a great job on my pre-op liquid diet. (I guess he didn't find any biscuit remnants)
I got back to the pre-op area and my friend LW was there waiting for me. How sweet. I was glad to be done with surgery, and glad to see a familiar face. I didnt have too much pain, I just wanted to sleep a bit more. I had an icepack on my port site and probably plenty of narcotic on board cause I slept for a while.
Technically, I would have been ready to go but I had to have a barium swallow before discharge to make sure my band was patent. The Radiologist was doing a thyroid biopsy or something. I got some more Demerol IM in the meantime.
It wasn't until after 2pm that I was taken to Radiology. Once that study was done, I was discharged! Yea! On my way home to start the rest of my new lifestyle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home