Sunday, November 8, 2009

An Oldie but Goodie...

1. I love my bed. I love everything about it. I could sleep 23 hours a day.

2. My pregnancy was planned. I bought a book titled "How to Choose the Sex of your Baby". I wanted a spring baby boy. My son was born in April. That book went 3 for 3.

3. I was a military brat growing up. My family moved all over Asia before settling in Flour Bluff in 1980.

4. I struggle with addiction.

5. "Blood Diamond" caused me to travel to Ghana, West Africa where I was forever a changed person. I could write 25 random things on that subject alone.

6. I am a head over heels large- breed dog lover. Personally I own Golden Retrievers but I would break my own neck to love on almost any big dog.

7. My family is currently re-building our house. It has been quite the experiment in patience. Imagine pouring a slab, setting all of your belongings on it including family members, and telling the contractor to build around you. Thats currently how I live. It's not pretty.

8. I am a bit of a hoarder. During this re-build, I have found enough gift-wrap, cards and tissue paper to last a few years. Sad...

9. I absolutely LOVE books. Amazon delivers to my house at least twice weekly.

10. I am an adoptive parent of a 9 year old Ghanaian child. He is beautiful and strong and has taught me many things about life.

11. I follow Calallen High School (boys) sports to an unhealthy degree. My oldest son is only in middle school.

12. I have 3 college degrees. I tend to be a restless spirit and am currently considering a career in dog grooming. :)

13. I've always wanted to play piano, speak spanish, learn sign language and write a book. I am smart enough to do all of these things, but too lazy to do any of them.

14. My mother died when I was 21 and I secretly fear dying young.

15. The funniest things always happen to me. I have tons of hilarious stories, but I am a terrible story teller so not many people have heard them.

16. I secretly LOVE Big Brother. I practically wait all year for that single show.

17. I like to think I am super organized. I love labels, folders, containers, storage solutions, hooks, desk accessories and the like. I can't breathe or speak when I am in "The Container Store".

18. I am a Apple girl. Once I got an IMac, i never looked back.

19. I am super independent. I have done practically any/all home improvement projects, even installed a garage door opener when I was pregnant. My husband says I'm "handy as a shirt-pocket." He taught me everything I know.

20. My husband is indeed my favorite person. He is the smartest, funniest person I know.

21. I am a fan of James Avery.

22. I live with regret, but am facing those demons.

23. I refuse to go to circuses. My grand-parents were professional clowns and I am deeply scarred. Plus, elephants aren't meant to sit on balls, nor are monkeys meant to ride bikes. It's just wrong.

24. I sit on public toilets. Yes, I do. I wipe them off and then sit down and pee. I am begging all of you who "hover" to do the same. If we all just sat down, there would be no "pee-spray" all over the place. Come on ladies, the handle on the cart you push at the grocery store is dirtier than the seat in the public rest-room. JUST SIT DOWN ALREADY!

25. I am self diagnosed ADD and OCD. I want to constantly wash my hands, but sometimes I get distracted. :)


Written about 5 months ago ·

1 Comments:

At November 9, 2009 at 4:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I am totally with you on so many of these - especially the Container Store.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home