Sunday, November 8, 2009

October 26, 2009 A NEW DAY!

On Monday 10/26/09 I was scheduled to finally have my band placed! I was super excited. My sweet, thoughtful husband dropped me off in the morning. He even stopped the car to let me out before he zipped off to work. It's what he does...work. What can I say, I still love him. My girlfriend had arranged to take me home after surgery, so it was fine. Truly, I don't like to be bothersome to other people anyway. A ride there, a ride home, I could do the rest all by my BIG self.

I guess here is a perfect time to explain the title of my blog. I had been on a liquid diet for 13 days pre-op. I was very weak on Sunday the day before surgery. I saw the blue and silver can in the fridge out of the corner of my eye...it was more than I could fight. I unrolled that foil and heard the heart warming pop of the can as I pressed my fat thumbs into the line. I think I started to hop around the kitchen like my fat dog does just before I feed him in the morning. I waited the 16 minutes and then I completely. lost. control.

I ate ALL 8 of those beautiful golden Grand biscuits. I ate some with honey, some with grape jelly, but all with butter. All 8 of them. I LOVE BISCUITS and it was my last date with that perfect blue and silver cylindrical can. I was miserable and euphoric all at the same time. It was a beautiful, miserable, sad hour.

And then I went to bed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home