Sunday, November 8, 2009

February 2008 - pre-op...

I go to my GP and he convinces me that i can do this weight loss thing on my own. I skip a month here and there and before I know it I'm 10 months later, 30 pounds heavier and facing feelings of sheer hopelessness!

I decided in May of 2009 that I was done with this game. I am a volume eater and I have food addiction! I haven't had a drink in nearly 4 years, I haven't smoked a cigarette in even longer. I have even curbed my mouth of the vulgar language I used to use. I'm not a stranger to will-power. I can do things I set my mind to. I just can't control the chemical addiction I have to over eating.

In comes Glenn Griffin, DO. He was advertising lap band seminars here in my city. I made an appointment and the rest they say, is history. I had to re-do my Psych and nutrition consults. This time my chart was accurate 5'7, 254.

"Holy Crap Batman, she weighs more than you", says Robin. (I should have kicked Robin's butt for that insensitive remark...)

I didn't lose any weight during my 6 month Physician Supervised Diet. Mostly because I wasn't exactly inspired by the nutritionist in Dr. G's office. I mean, he's nice enough, just not someone I jived with. I dreaded going in to see him, it was a real beat-down for me. But I got through it.

One of the last things before surgery was a meeting with a different nutritionist at the hospital where I was having surgery. She was such a delight! What a HUGE difference. She was a band patient herself and had soo much information. I was certain that I had made the right choice after that consult.

All I had to do was wait 2 weeks for surgery! Oh yeah, and only drink liquids. Sheesh...thats kind of alot to ask of a food addict, don't ya think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home