Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Week 1

The first night is a Hydrocodone fog. My son told me I looked like I had been shot 3 times and stabbed once. To be honest, that's EXACTLY what it looked like. Still kind of does, only in a healing kind of way. :) I was only sore at my port site. I was out walking the dog on post op day 3. The heavy breathing made the shoulder pain worse, but I wanted to walk it out.
Some time in the first couple of days I noticed the pain, numbness, tingling on my lateral right thigh. I didn't think too much about it. I assumed the grounding pad had been there or that someone had leaned on me during surgery. I assumed it would resolve quickly and would be no big deal.
By post op day 12 the pain was still there and really beginning to be a nuisence. I discovered it was directly related to the last intramuscular injection of Demerol I got before I left the hospital. When I pushed on the injection site, I would elicit the pain in my thigh. Weird...Meralgia Paresthetica. I am taking pain medicine and hoping it goes away, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better.
So aside from my MP, I'm doing pretty good. My port site only hurts if I strain my abdomen the wrong way and the rest of the incisions are healing nicely. This picture is from post op day 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home