Thursday, November 12, 2009

Since I started this blog a few days ago I've been thinking about what is going on in my life. In the past two years I have really put myself through some major life stressors.

November of 2007 was my first trip to Ghana. I am forever a changed person because of the experiences that trip afforded me. Not only did I meet my second son and eventually adopt him in April of 2008, but I came face to face with my maker in Ghana.

I found and experienced Jesus Christ in that small west African country. When you strip down all of the extra things that we worry about, the genuine love and goodness of people is all that is left. In a country where 90% of the population earns less than $1000 USD per year, there is no worry about 401K's, about higher education or about health insurance. They are concerned with today. You could argue that we are all called to live this way according to scripture. Of course in the world that WE know, it wouldn't be wise or prudent to do so. At any rate, it was refreshing to see a slower pace of life and heart warming to feel the genuine love they feel for people. I hope to learn to love people in that way.

I traveled again to Ghana in May 2008. This time to be special agent "Mom" in an undercover covert operation to finalize my son's adoption! Looking back on it now, it seems like it was another person in another dimension, but it was me. Me, at my tallest, strongest and fiercest! You can read more about that journey over at http://lifeoflively.blogspot.com/.


Once we returned from Ghana we had the issues of adjustment including school. This has all gone pretty smoothly, but an adjustment all the same.


In November of last year, I got this bright idea to get braces on my teeth. I am 39 years old. Someone please tell me what I was thinking.



We have been in the process of completely re-modeling our house since Jan 1, 2009. This situation alone would cause weaker women to jump from high places.

I serve on the Board of Directors of Beacon House USA, Inc. This is the house where my son resided in Ghana and the facility I volunteered at as a nurse while I was there both trips.


My church is trying desperately to provide clean water to my son's native village in Northern Ghana. In conjunction with that project, we are trying to set up a Medical Mission Trip to provide some basic education and health needs.


I have been going through the required hoops for Gastric Banding surgery. That includes actual office visits as well as personal soul searching and research. I consider myself a "book whore" so of course I bought 3 books on the subject and had to read them all cover to cover. I also scour the Internet for any bit of new information I may not have seen yet.


I actually had surgery and am now recovering nicely.


Two days ago I signed on as a Consultant with Inspiranza Designs. I love James Avery and sterling silver jewelry. This company is new and offers AMAZING incentives for consultants and hostesses! I'm talkin'free jewelry! A great way to earn a little extra cash. It's beautiful, fresh and timeless!


Did I mention that I also have a full time job as a Pediatric Nurse. Oh yeah, and a family, a house and 3 dogs.


Now all I need is a magic wand.

1 Comments:

At November 19, 2009 at 4:30 PM , Anonymous Lois said...

I am so excited to share in your crazy life! Welcome to the insane but rewarding world of selling sterling through home parties... did I mention that our company's charity is dedicated to God's call to care for orphans or that the corporate office currently is starting a used shoe drive to help raise funds for drilling rigs and tow vehicle to bring fresh water to Africa. Wonder why Inspiranza was put in YOUR path??? Nahhh... don't you just love God's sense of humor!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home