Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm Back

I went back to work this week. Bittersweet. I was soo dreading it, but after 3 days there, I realize that I LOVE my job. I LOVE my co-workers and I LOVE the work I do. I guess a step back can give some new perspective. I have really been blessed with my career. I have been at Driscoll for 17 years! I have strayed a few times to follow my crazy ideas, but all in all it's actually a pretty good family to be in. :)

The Thanksgiving holidays were great. At the last minute, the fam and I decided to go to Lubbock. Trey has family there that we don't get to see very often. It was really nice catching up with them and having the traditional holiday festivities with extended family.

I was exactly 4 weeks post op on Thanksgiving. It was so nice to just eat like a normal person and not be mentally obsessed with this:

~did I eat too much?
~will people look at me funny if I get seconds?
~I want to have a piece of ALL of the pies.
~can anyone tell I just unbuttoned my pants?
~am I gonna be able to eat leftovers later?

These are the voices that used to taunt me. They would encourage me to stuff, stuff, stuff, then beat me up for it. These voices were the most unhealthy relationship I have ever been involved with!




The best thing about my band is that the discussion with those voices is GONE. I mean GONE! It's not that I am stronger than I was. It's not that I have more willpower. It's not a matter that I will become ill if I eat those foods. I think Dr. Griffin excised those voices during surgery. Honestly, it's the only explanation.

When I have a more scientific explanation, I'll be sure to let you all know.

Grace!
T~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home