Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Verwelkom naar Nederland!

Ahhh! At least I am finally on another continent! Not the one I am headed to, but forward progress all the same.

The flight was pretty uneventful. I slept much of the way. It was about 8 hours. Now I have a 6 hour layover in Amsterdam. To tell you the truth, I didn't really get the whole Holland/Netherlands thing. I'm still not 100%, but I think they refer to Holland and it's language as The Nederlands. Anyway, I realized I was in Holland when I was walking through the airport and saw wooden shoes and tulips for sale in every store. Hmmm... so this is what my neighbor was trying to explain to me on the plane. I couldn't understand him, but apparently you can see tulip fields from the airplane as you land. Rows of blue, red, orange, white. Cool. Too bad it was cloudy, gray and raining and I didn't see anything.

I sat at my gate for about 5 hours before we boarded. As we were boarding I asked the attendant to check on my bags. He typed away in the computer and Yup! my bags were on the flight. Wow! I was impressed, and pleased with myself for making the right decision. I would be in Africa in 6 hours! Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home