Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I've Left you hanging long enough...

Okay, so the three of you who are actually reading this, thanks! And welcome back! I am sorry to leave you in such suspense, long story. I'll get there.

So Atlanta turns into a disaster! JFK is not accepting flights in due to air traffic. My 1320 departure moves to 1400, then 1430, then 1500. My flight to Ghana leaves JFK at 1705 and the Atlanta to JFK flight is over 2 hours. Can this really be happening? I phone Delta reservations while I am sitting in the terminal and they tell me they have already moved me to the Wednesday flight out of JFK to Ghana. "Oh thanks so much, you have been sooo helpful." "By the way, will you be accomodating my stay whilst in New York?" "Oh no maam, we have no control over air traffic, this is not Delta's fault." So I have already footed my own bill in a Houston hotel for 2 nights with all my bags, have a gimp back and NO SENSE OF HUMOR! Wednesday? WEDNESDAY? I left home on Saturday at 4am. It's now 1400 on Monday and I've only made it to Atlanta! A Wednesday departure from JFK puts me in Ghana on Thursday. In what civilized world does it take 6 days to fly across the Atlantic Ocean?

I suppose she senses I'm just about to go a little nuts in the terminal. She quickly finds me an alternate route out of Atlanta to Amsterdam. During this conversation, we begin to board my now dreadfully late flight to JFK. I begin to accept my fate of two nights in New York and decide I will figure it out when I get there. I tell the reservationist I am now boarding and she says "I have booked you on the KLM flight to Amsterdam, you will arrive in Accra, Ghana on Tuesday evening." I ask her about my bags because I know they are on the plane I have just boarded. She tells me they will be checked through New York and to get off the plane.

So I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home