Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday! Finally, I'm off....or am I?

Monday Morning! Bright and early. I am soo ready to be on my way. I awaken and get ready to go for a 0630 check-in. I have all of my bags neatly stacked on my cart from the airport that has been captive in my hotel room for the past 2 days. Here I go...off to Africa! Whoa, not so fast. The bags on the cart are too wide for the doorway! Are you kidding me? So I start my Monday out struggling too? I manage to unload each of my bags into the hallway, push the cart through and begin to load them up again. Two on, two to go. Picking up the third one I pinched a nerve or something in my back. My kneeds buckled. Hmmm. I try again. No way! I cannot by any means possible get this bag off the ground.

Determined to make it somehow, I buckle the remaining bags together. I push the cart and pull the grounded bags! Again breaking the rules of the airtram to the Delta terminal. Out of the elevator and I am within 50 yard of ridding myself of these bags. At this point, I don't care if I ever see these bags again (note to self: be careful what you wish for). The same nice lady who tried to help me Saturday morning was back at work on Monday. I secretly resented her for being able to spend the weekend with her family whilst I lived like Tom Hanks for the past 48 hours. Anyway, I give her my bags. Each of them at about 52#. I think she thought best not ask me to remove any items. I was prepared to use the excuse that they had "settled" during my time in Houston.

Yee-Haw! Finally I am on an airplane. Did I forget to mention that the flight from Corpus Christi to Houston was so turbulant that I barfed the whole way? Little detail I sometimes leave out, depending on the audience. :) Filled the bag! My first time barfing on a plane. Big Fun. As if I hadn't suffered enough.

I arrived in Atlanta uneventfully. I make my way to my next terminal to wait the 2 hours for the flight to New York.

Again no pictures. I have no sence of humor at this point and pictures were the farthest thing from my mind.

3 Comments:

At May 5, 2008 at 3:51 PM , Anonymous Katherine said...

....or are you? you're leaving us hanging!!! what's the rest of the story?!

Please tell!
Kathy
Anacortes, WA

 
At May 6, 2008 at 7:36 PM , Anonymous Boo said...

Ya!
You are having WAY TOO MUCH FUN!!
Always look at the bright side... Barfing ain't so bad when you think about the fact that it could have been BOTH ends!
Keep smiling.
Boo

 
At May 6, 2008 at 10:56 PM , Anonymous Canadian Bird said...

Hey Tanya!
I thought you left last week!!! I'm so sorry I didn't get to talk to you before you left (b/c I thought you were already gone)! I'm so excited for you. Bringing your little man home.
Question though... I thought Creyton was going with you??? There's no mention of him with you so far on the trip. Did I miss something?
Well, you know I wish you safe & wonderful travels. I look forward to meeting your Phillip when you return!
Blessings to you both!
Love Robin
xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home