Thursday, February 21, 2008

Welcome to NYC

I took what baggage had arrived and I walked right out into New York. It was beautiful, about 64 degrees and the sun was just starting to set. I got on line for a cab just as if I knew exactly what I was doing. My turn comes and i get into a mini van type taxi. The driver was very nice and within a few miles he tells me he is Ghanaian. Crazy! He was so thrilled that I will be visiting his country. He has two children aged 7 and 5 and he very much wants to take them there. He still has family there. He said I will absolutely LOVE Ghana and will want to extend my stay. He says that they will treat me like a queen there. Everyone will be very friendly and gracious. He says the food is amazing and fresh. He made me excited to be going. He said he thought it was a very generous thing to be taking supplies there. He told me that Ghanaian people are the same as all of us, only they suffer from poverty and lack choices and opportunity. We talked and talked so much that we missed the turn. He wasn’t familiar with the area I was going. Once we finally arrived, I asked his name. He told me his name was Emmanuel. God Bless you, Emmanuel and thanks for getting me here safely. I will say hello to your brothers in Ghana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home