Thursday, February 21, 2008

I decide to visit Ghana

I finally decided (at DH's suggestion) that I should visit Ghana and see first hand the situation there. Is International adoption something that would work for our family? Are there other ways we can support and assist these needy orphans? Will this hunger I feel to aid the people of Africa fade? All of these questions...I was swimming with emotion and turmoil. I arranged for the 5 immunizations I needed, got prescriptions for anti-malarial medication, got a Ghanaian Visa, booked a flight and didn't look back. I spread the word about my trip to my co-workers and in just a weeks time I collected no less than 100 pounds of donated supplies. Thanks to EVERYONE who donated to these kiddos. I can’t wait to see their faces. More about Ghana on my next post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home