Thursday, February 21, 2008

So much need...where do I start?

Once my research was in full throttle, I ran across a few people and websites that were very helpful in helping me to sort out who I wanted to support in my efforts. There are so many organizations and so many countries and people who are in need of a hand up. It is very easy to get overwhelmed and feel that you could never make a difference if you look at the whole globe and all it’s issues. I really wanted to just focus on a few agencies who support biological orphans in one or two countries. I started by contacting Adoption Advocates International in Washington state. I was interested in their older children, particularly boys, who have been waiting for referrals for an extended amount of time. I learned of their new program in Ghana and was put in touch with Anita the coordinator for that program. (I’m super excited about that Hyperlink I just created, you have nooo idea!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home