Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Beautiful Thing.



On Christmas Eve I drove to Portland to apply for P's passport. We are going on a cruise in February and I had dragged my feet applying for his passport.

I knew I would have to relinquish his Original Birth Certificate and his Original Certificate of Citizenship. I had mentally prepared myself to part with those documents even though the birth certificate was irreplacable.

The gal at the post office assured me that the Certificate of Citizenship was not necessary but the Original Adoption order would have to go. Wow...those are the two documents that I was not prepared to send off to the US Postal Service. If they were lost I would NEVER be able to replace them.

Reluctantly, I laid them on the counter. Philip and I prayed over them and we gave them over.

Last week I received a letter from the USCIS stating that they needed more documentation in order to process P's passport! Uggh. I overnighted his Original Certificate of Citizenship and his original Ghanaian passport showing the US entry visa.

Talk about a nervous wreck. Every piece of paper that proves this child is mine is now in the hands of the USCIS.

I'm happy to report that we received Philip's US passport in the mail today! The best part? All 4 priceless documents were in the envelope as well. Yay!

Happy Mom.

1 Comments:

At January 22, 2010 at 4:10 AM , Blogger Camille said...

That's great and now its official. He won't have to go through this again. He just gets to renew!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home