Monday, March 1, 2010

Tomato, tomato




So I'm perusing band blogs this morning and come across this one.

It's fairly interesting and she manages her weight in stone. This weekend I was watching a promo for Kirstie Allie's new show and she too, was talking about her weight in terms of stone.

I looked it up and did the math. I'm quite happy to report that I am down to weighing only 15 stone! Thats down from over 18! Woo-Hoo! AND I am wearing a size 9 again! Okay so thats my panty size, but still. A 9 is a 9 people!

So I only have 3.5 stone to lose! I LOVE this unit of measurement. I feel so optimistic and refreshed right now! Not to mention trendy, hip and chic!

5 Comments:

At March 1, 2010 at 8:05 AM , Blogger LDswims said...

I went on a four and a half month cruise a few years ago that was with a Brittish cruise company (Cunard). So everything was Brittish, including the scales, which were in stones. I did like that method...made me feel like I didn't weigh so much...but then I didn't know what a good stone number was, like I did with pounds. It was frustrating, though, because to convert to pounds I had to convert to kgs, first, which meant too many conversions and so my weight was always weird. Didn't have internet access so couldn't look up a straight conversion...made it weird. Seems so retrochic, to me...to weigh in stones. Like measuring in feet...

 
At March 2, 2010 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Camille said...

I want to know what I weigh in stones!!!

 
At March 2, 2010 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Camille said...

My verification word was synick. Like Cynic. Funny.

 
At March 2, 2010 at 8:00 PM , Blogger TLM said...

I wait for those verification words like a prize from a vending machine. Glad I'm not the only one. Funny!

 
At March 23, 2010 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Canadian Bird said...

I want to know mine in stone too!
Oh, & I wait for my word verification, but am getting "synickal" about them, as I've never gotten anything at all interesting... :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home